We are pleased to announce that the Bionanoengineering group is now part of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Bio-Nano Science is a national innovator in bio-nano sciences and an incubator of the expertise and technological excellence required to develop next generation bio-responsive nanomaterials.
The objectives of the CBNS are to:
- be a centre of innovation in bio-nano science
- be an incubator of bio-nano science expertise
- develop the next generation of bio-responsive nanomaterials
- create methodologies and models to understand and predict how nanoengineered materials interact with biological systems
- exploit knowledge of the bio-nano interface to design materials
- develop modes of collaboration (between physical, biological and social sciences) to enable ‘upstream engagement’ in the early stages of research
The CBNS is funded by the Australian Research Council through the Centres of Excellence program. We are a collaboration between five Australian universities (Monash University and the Universities of Melbourne, Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia) where the majority of the Centre’s research is undertaken. The core research is enhanced through our partners where we link with other experts nationally and from around the world.